On 25 October 2021, the Chinese National Health Commission (NHC) proposed 34 food-related standards, including a proposed new version of GB 4806.11-2016 regarding rubber food contact materials.
This proposed standard applies to rubber materials and products for food contact. Rubber materials and products for food contact refer to materials and products that are expected to come into contact with food or food additives, or whose components may be transferred to food, use natural rubber, synthetic rubber, or vulcanized thermoplastic elastomer as the main raw material.
Compared with the current standards and announcements, the main changes of this standard are:
- Modified scope
- Modified definition of terms
- Revised raw material requirements
- Revised physical and chemical indicators
- Revised migration test requirements
- Revised some polymer names and related requirements in Appendix A.1
- The content of Appendix A.2 has been added
Interested parties are invited to submit their comments by 20 November 2021.
To stay on top of the latest regulatory developments on food contact materials from across the globe, sign up to our newsletter!