On 20 August 2020, the South Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) issued a draft amendment to the Regulation on Energy Efficiency Labeling and Standards.
The draft increases energy efficiency standards and adds efficiency requirements for refrigerators, air conditioners and televisions.
The main changes for each product include:
- Improving calculation methods for monthly power consumption
- Deleting certain testing items
- Adding new minimum energy performance standards (MEPS)
- Adjusting the efficiency rating indicator(R) and efficiency rating criteria
- Establishing target efficiency standards for 2024 and 2027
- Adjusting efficiency standards such as raising MEPS
- Adding target efficiency standards applicable from 2024 and 2027
- Adding labeling requirements including monthly power consumption and cooling efficiency
- Changing efficiency standards including maximum power consumption standards
- Adding target efficiency standards for 2025 and 2028
Interested parties may submit their comments to email@example.com before 19 October 2020.
Do you want to stay on top of Energy Efficiency regulations from around the globe? Sign up to our newsletter here.